Sage is a snowboarder's snowboarder. He won Olympic gold in slopestyle at the 2014 Sochi Games, where he used style and creativity to best a triple-corking men's field. In his words, it was "Spoicy!" (Translation: amazing). It was a surprise to everyone – including Sage, who simply wants to snowboard on his own terms – and quickly established Sage as the exciting new face of snowboarding. But he's glad that the Olympic hype has died down, saying that it's nice to "just be a snowboarder" again. Kotsenburg is at the forefront of a movement to focus on creativity and style and not just the biggest spins. His skills on the slope make you want to ride with him, and his unabashed candor make you want to be his friend.
- 2014 – Gold Medal, Sochi Olympics Slopestyle
- 2014 – ESPY's "Best Male U.S. Olympian"
- 2013 – 2nd, Air + Style Beijing
- 2012 – Silver Medal, X Games Slopestyle
- 2011 – Bronze Medal, X Games Big Air
- 2010 – Dew Tour Slopestyle Champion
Oakley, Monster Energy, GoPro, Stance, Park City Mountain Resort, Trace
Skateboarding, Surfing, Mountain Biking, Hiking... Anything outdoors really. Instagram (haha)!