Charles grew up snowboarding in Mont-Tremblant, Québec. Though he got his start on snow by riding skis, he made the switch to snowboarding soon after – skis by 3, snowboard by 5, competing by 8. It wasn't long before local mountain events were replaced by major international events at some of the biggest and most fabled mountains around the world. He represented Canada at the Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia, competing in the debut of snowboarding Slopestyle.
While he has a solid contest resume, Reid's notoreity mostly extends to the style he brings to his riding (namely his handplants and hip-riding ability). Some of his closest peers and riding mates include renown stylists Kazu Kokubo and Mikkel Bang, so you can imagine that his pedigree is quite vast to keep that company.
- 2014 – Represented Canada at Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia
- 2011 – 3rd, Dew Tour Slopestyle
- 2009 – 3rd, Stylewars Slopestyle
- 2009 – 4th, Burton U.S. Open Halfpipe
- 2009 – 2nd, The Intelligent Design Slopestyle
- 2009 – 2nd, Nissan X-trail Asian Open Slopestyle
- 2008 – 1st, Oakley Stylewars Slopestyle
- 2008 – 2nd, Burton New Zealand Open Slopestyle
- 2008 – 3rd, Quiksilver Showdown over the City Slopestyle
- 2008 – 3rd, Burton U.S. Open Slopestyle
- 2006 – 4th, Burton U.S. Open Slopestyle
Oakley, Stepchild, Monster Energy, Axis Boardshop
Surfing, Yoga, Fishing, Camping