Nino Schurter is a Swiss cyclist and member of the Swiss team at the 2008 Summer Olympics where he earned bronze in men’s cross-country. Schurter also went on to secure the silver medal in the 2012 London Olympic Games. Additionally, Nino has won multiple World Championships along with World Cup Overall victories.
Nino started his career as a pro mountain bike rider purely by accident. He grew up, the youngest of three children, in a small village in the Swiss mountains. As a way to train for skiing in the summer, Nino started to mountain bike. At 7 years old, Nino along with his brother Mario started to race. His father was also interested in the sport and their whole family would often spend holidays riding. Nino’s interest in mountain bike riding is combined with his love of adventure, fun and nature.
- 4x UCI MTB XC World Champion
- 3x UCI MTB XC World Cup Overall Champion
- 2016 – Gold Medal, Rio Olympics Cross-Country MTB
- 2015 – 1st, European Games Cross-Country
- 2012 – Silver Medal, London Olympics Cross-Country
- 2008 – Bronze Medal, Beijing Olympics Cross-Country
Scott Sports, Odlo, Cornercard, Honda, Oakley
Bike, Freeride, Freeski, Golf, Technik