The talented young gun, first taking the wheel in competitive racing at age 13, rapidly smashed his way up through the Karting world; European circuits all the way to the Indy Lights series in 2011, where he secured the championship with 5 victories in his first and only season in the series.
Fast-forward to today, and the Tennessee native is living a dream.
At 27 years old, the Oakley speed demon is racing for one of the most dominant and legendary teams in motorsports, Team Penske. In just his first year with Team Penske, Josef was victorious in 4 races and secured the 2017 Verizon IndyCar Series Championship. Between his success on track and his vibrant personality, it is safe to say that Josef has secured his place as a Championship contender and fan favorite in the Verizon IndyCar Series.
- 2012 – Made IndyCar Series Debut
- 2011 – Firestone Indy Lights Champion
- 2010 – Raced in the FIA GP3 Series (two steps from F1); 5 top-tens, 1 pole in 16 races
- 2009 – 2nd, British Formula Ford Championship
- 2008 – 1st, International Formula Ford Festival (first American to win)
Oakley, RoboPong, Alpinestars, Bell Helmets, ScoreBig, Copart
Rock climbing, mountain/road biking, circuit training, water balloon fighting, underwater basket weaving and ping pong!