Helping Our Heroes
Enabling wounded veterans to focus on abilities
Oakley recently partnered with Infinite Hero Foundation to bring twenty-one wounded military service members, their families and therapists to the Vail Veterans Program for an outdoor rehabilitative experience in Vail, Co.
With the majority of the participants coming directly from military hospitals, Vail Veterans provides the opportunity to build confidence and create life-long relationships while working on rehabilitation.
To learn more about Vail Veterans, visit www.vailveteransprogram.org.
HONORING OUR VETERANS
Funding emerging therapies that address the most critical needs of our returning military veterans and their families.
This Veterans Day, we are proud to join Infinite Hero Foundation to announce eight veteran’s service organizations that will receive charitable grants to fund therapies that address the most critical mental and physical challenges facing returning military veterans.
Two organizations at the forefront of emerging veteran therapies that will receive grants include:
- Airpower Foundation is receiving two grants to fund brain treatment research. The Brain Treatment Center’s MRT Treatment uses non-invasive neuro-modulation to treat the physiological cause of Post-Traumatic Stress by restoring normal brainwave activity to reduce stress, anxiety, depression and anger to help sleep patterns. Carrick Brain Center’s veteran program provides innovative, effective and accessible treatments to service members who are suffering from physical and mental injuries incurred through military service.
- Vail Veterans provides rehabilitative experiences for wounded warriors on the ski slopes. This recreational therapy dramatically decreases the isolating effects of physical and invisible injuries by bringing together peers and enabling them to focus on their abilities after surviving combat and severe injuries.
To join us in supporting Infinite Hero Foundation visit www.infinitehero.org/donate. They protect our future. Let’s protect theirs. Together we can re-imagine recovery.
SUPPORTING OUR MILITARY VETERANS
Oakley’s pledge to those who have risked their lives is to reward their sacrifice and bravery with support that articulates our gratitude.
Since 2001, 2.6 million Americans have served in Iraq and Afghanistan. To demonstrate our gratitude for their courage, service and sacrifice, Oakley founded Infinite Hero Foundation, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that funds programs driving innovation and accessibility to effective treatments for military heroes and their families including:
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Depression and Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Physical rehabilitation and restoration of abilities
- Youth counseling and education
Oakley has contributed more than $2 million to Infinite Hero Foundation since its inception in 2011. These funds have been in support of programming such as:
- Iraq & Afghanistan Veterans of America provides vital programming that addresses mental health issues for veterans, including a crisis response system within the Community of Veterans (COV), the first online social network created exclusively for veterans of wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Heartbeat – Wounded Warriors Scuba Program provides critical physical and mental health healing to members of the military community through underwater diving.
Other organizations receiving charitable grants include: Airpower Foundation, Semper Fi Fund, Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America (IAVA), USC Institute for Creative Technologies, Rebuilding America’s Warriors (R.A.W.) and Vail Veterans.
We invite you to join our mission of support for heroes. We have created a collection of Infinite Hero-inspired products and contribute a portion of the proceeds from each sale. For more information on the foundation, please visit www.infinitehero.org.